Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Song That Saved My Day

As I was driving today, like always, a million things were going through my head. I was on my way to pick up my daughter from school and flashes of the day ahead of me were making me tired.  I don't know about you, but for me it seems like that is when the day really begins. Kids get home from school and it's non stop till bedtime! I began to think "strength". I started uttering beneath my breath "Lord give me strength".  All of a sudden a song came to my mind.  Not just the chorus, but as I began singing it, every single word came to my memory. Very rare for me to remember anything lately.  It kind of surprised me because the last time I recall hearing the song was about 30 years ago. I was 10 years old and two ladies sang it at church.  I was so impressed when they sang it that I got the recording on tape. I came home and listened to that song over and over and over again. Then of course I would sing it again and again.  Why a ten year old would love this song so much is beyond me.  What I do know is this 39 year old mom needed this song today!  I am so glad I ingrained it in my heart so many years ago for a time like this. A time when sleepless nights come and go and mom is needed by everyone! A time where mom wants to serve her family and do it joyfully. A time where mom needs to start moving more and bringing some romance back into the marriage. This time. This day. God knew exactly what I needed. Maybe you need this song too.  To God Be The Glory.

Strength of My Life
Leslie Phillips

I open my eyes to the sound of morning news and I wish for ten more minutes left to sleep.
And as I get into the shower the thoughts of facing one more day
Overwhelm me and I begin to weep, and I've never felt like I needed your help so bad.

Though my tears are pushed away now for the sake of morning rush, til the bible on the table catches my eye, and I read that you are near to the heart that breaks with grief and I realize that I don't have to try, to live life myself because your ready to help me live

And everyday I look to you to be the strength of my life. Your the HOPE I hold onto to, be the strength of my life.  Be the strength of my life today.

Each day has it's problems. It's troubles and it's tears and it seems I'm always anything but strong, but when I learn to know my weakness I understand your strength and even with the hard times last so long, I won't try by myself , I'll just ask for your help each day.

And everyday I look to you to be the strength of my life. Breathe on me and make me new, be the strength of my life.  Strength of my life today.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment