Thursday, February 11, 2016

Making Room For God's Hand














My family had the opportunity to go to Disneyland last week. It was my youngest son's very first time. Of course he loved it! Enjoy the pictures while I share the latest on my heart. Sometimes God has to show me things again and again. He is so good to me. Even when I forget the simple things. His love remains.






I heard this last weekend from one of the speakers at #ifgathering (I can't remember who) "Make room for God to move". I can't stop thinking about it, specifically in the life of my children. Make room for God to move on behalf of my children.




It's my tendency to take over and micro-manage every single thing so they will succeed. I know I've talked about this many times, but it is a HUGE struggle. But God. But God. He is showing me to sit. To be still. To pray hard. Let His Grace Cover the Inadequacies. Let His Sovereign Power do the fighting and the intervening. Then God will be glorified through any and all victories in their life. When we try to do it all, we are taking away the chance of our children seeing the hand of God in their own lives. There is no better way for our children to grow in the Lord than experiencing first hand how much God sees and knows them. Won't it be such a wonderful moment when they can know in their own heart that the situation just had to be God's hand working on their behalf!!!!?  Pure joy! I just experienced one of these moments yesterday with one of my children. I look forward to many more as the two older ones grow into adulthood.  I'm learning. I think motherhood is a lifetime of learning. Today I am reminding myself: Be still. Trust God. Pray hard. Breath.




To God Be The Glory!

“The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.””
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭14:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬


“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬


No comments:

Post a Comment